Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Living with cancer
  • How do you deal with feeling burnt out with cancer?
 Back
Living with cancer

How do you deal with feeling burnt out with cancer?

  •  54 views
  •  0 support
  •  4 comments

avatar Flayplaibrecli3552

Flayplaibrecli3552

04/20/2023 at 3:33 PM

avatar Flayplaibrecli3552

Flayplaibrecli3552

Last activity on 08/10/2023 at 2:18 PM

Joined in 2023


8 comments posted | 2 in the Living with cancer group


Rewards

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Evaluator


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hello. Honestly lately I have been very depressed. I have prostate cancer and I feel so terrible I don't know how to keep going. How do you deal with feeling burnt out with cancer?

Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

All comments

avatar Woplee284

Woplee284

04/24/2023 at 10:51 PM

Good advisor

avatar Woplee284

Woplee284

Last activity on 04/21/2024 at 8:17 PM

Joined in 2022


603 comments posted | 30 in the Living with cancer group

24 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hi @Flayplaibrecli3552

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Living with cancer is very scary and puts you on an emotional roller coaster. I imagine many on Carenity have felt a similar burn out. Let me tag a few others who may be able to share their experience and offer support.

@Wadableysh3496 @Koutriclon504 @Bloclain9872 @7Ceatunail @25Beyfroomeyl @49Vouclayr @Grosoapefrung5 @Noutroosh6666 @Deejaytiblot633 @Shudruhur872 @Pigebrung208 @Droosheawung09 @Kemail0415 @Cheyflayveck68 @Craicleyng3123 @Bretowing7519 @Teyglekeebrong80 @54Wuwoafleableal @Creajaing06 @Bleveer652 @Pearoa93 @Keythoateyweal5818 @Cifloul0 @Droofreafrouck474 @177Floseyck @57Prairie @796Plataishoas

How do you deal with the negative emotions that come with a cancer diagnosis? What did you do that helped you manage these feelings? What advice can you share for other Carenity members?

Take care everyone,

Lizzi from the Carenity team

See the signature

LizziB


How do you deal with feeling burnt out with cancer? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-cancer/how-do-you-deal-with-feeling-burnt-out-with-ca-5237 2023-04-24 22:51:08

avatar 54Wuwoafleableal

54Wuwoafleableal

04/24/2023 at 11:07 PM

avatar 54Wuwoafleableal

54Wuwoafleableal

Last activity on 07/06/2024 at 5:27 AM

Joined in 2022


2 comments posted | 2 in the Living with cancer group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

It is hard. It really is a day to day. I did talk with my pallative care provider. That helped alot. I try to think of the positive things I want to do. That gives me something to look forward to. When you are feeling diwn reach out.


Kris


How do you deal with feeling burnt out with cancer? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-cancer/how-do-you-deal-with-feeling-burnt-out-with-ca-5237 2023-04-24 23:07:05

Close all 

See the responses 

avatar Flayplaibrecli3552

Flayplaibrecli3552

05/25/2023 at 5:48 PM

avatar Flayplaibrecli3552

Flayplaibrecli3552

Last activity on 08/10/2023 at 2:18 PM

Joined in 2023


8 comments posted | 2 in the Living with cancer group


Rewards

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Evaluator


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@54Wuwoafleableal Thank you for the support. I try to do that too but it's hard. What type of cancer do you have?


How do you deal with feeling burnt out with cancer? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-cancer/how-do-you-deal-with-feeling-burnt-out-with-ca-5237 2023-05-25 17:48:31

Hide the responses 

avatar 0Stoadroang

0Stoadroang

10/02/2023 at 3:44 AM

avatar 0Stoadroang

0Stoadroang

Last activity on 10/01/2023 at 11:59 AM

Joined in 2023


1 comment posted | 1 in the Living with cancer group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Well let me put this into. Let me try to say this in a good way. You could go out and get in your car. And not come back home. Cancer is a horrible thing I've been diagnosed with a few things right now I have the ladder cancer. On October the 11th of 2023 my bladder is coming out. I don't know exactly which procedure I'm going to wind up with after it's all over. But there are stages that you're going through like I went through and you can't explain it to anyone it's like we are we're in our own little Club. And psychologically mentally it's very draining and that will drain you physically too I mean when when you're not feeling right in your mind your body is going to respond right along with it. You know what I say there's a lot quicker Ways to Die. And if I after going through all this because I've been through chemo for for months now but I didn't have the most aggressive female which I I think God for. But if I can just live one more day. If I can see what tomorrow is going to be like? That's all I want that's my bucket list live one day at a time. And as far as family goes they just have to understand. They have to understand I mean you know your spouse or girlfriend boyfriend it's just they have to understand you can't explain it to them that you have to have cancer to understand. You know when you're told you have stage four cancer you just get ready to die anymore I mean there are treatments there's lots of things for you I mean when they were talking to me about my cancer they're saying well your muscle invasive but you're not into the fat which means that my my lymph nodes have been affected thank God. But when you go on the internet the first thing you see is that you could live 5 to 10 15 years. Well they're not telling you when you're going to die but they're actually giving you an amount of time. And yeah well your brain just goes off. I Want You To Live Another Day. I got to hear what you had to say so we're connected now. So you have to live another day if for no one else load it for me. But most of all live it for yourself. I used to say if I get cancer I just want medicine to make sure I'm not in pain well that all goes away because you're oh lord it's just just keep living since I got off chemo my energies come back a little bit just in time to go have a major surgery. So I'm trying to get as much energy up and try to put on a little bit of weight and just be ready for when I come out of that operating room. Because that's going to be a new day it'll be the birth of my new Plumbing. LOL


How do you deal with feeling burnt out with cancer? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-cancer/how-do-you-deal-with-feeling-burnt-out-with-ca-5237 2023-10-02 03:44:39

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Articles to discover...

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

10/02/2026 | News

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

09/28/2026 | News

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

09/07/2026 | Advice

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.