Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Living with lung cancer
  • I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer
 Back
Living with lung cancer

I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer

  •  118 views
  •  3 times supported
  •  12 comments
avatar exit

Unregistered member

06/13/2018 at 7:29 PM

My mom was just diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. My heart is completely broken in pain. I battle Intense bipolar and anixtey. I can’t lose her. I don’t know how to deal with this. Please I need some help on coping. 

Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

All comments

Go to the last comment
avatar exit

Unregistered member

06/14/2018 at 3:31 PM

Just the word cancer is scary enough but stage three is compounded. Personally, I can only tell you you how I deal with it. I give my faith to someone more powerful than me. You only live for today.Dont look back. Sometimes you have to function minute to minute hour to hour.


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2018-06-14 15:31:26

avatar Faibrookay0

Faibrookay0

06/16/2018 at 8:36 AM

avatar Faibrookay0

Faibrookay0

Last activity on 11/15/2022 at 10:37 AM

Joined in 2018


6 comments posted | 1 in the Living with lung cancer group


Rewards

  • Messenger

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hi Natalie. How are you doing? I can't imagine. I feel pain just when my mom is in pain or overworking.  My grandmother had cancer - she was my best friend - and I wish I could go back in time and be there more for her during that time, but I was just starting college and I was busy with school and in a rough relationship.

 

I would recommend just being there for your mom and showing her how much you care and love her and that in itself is enough. I would also say never lose hope! Pray, have your mom eat well - organic and health. You can read more about https://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy and look into other alternatives - baking soda, mineral alkaline water, etc.

Here to listen.


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2018-06-16 08:36:38
avatar exit

Unregistered member

06/16/2018 at 5:02 PM

Thank you 


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2018-06-16 17:02:49

avatar 7460Clayyus

7460Clayyus

07/07/2018 at 12:55 AM

Good advisor

avatar 7460Clayyus

7460Clayyus

Last activity on 02/04/2022 at 4:12 PM

Joined in 2018


16 comments posted | 8 in the Living with lung cancer group


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Committed

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

sorry to hear about your mom I am scared also I have stage 3a lung cancer and waiting on approval from insurance to start treatment with keytruda 

See the signature

BEVERLY DUTCHER


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2018-07-07 00:55:32

avatar Seyfou7

Seyfou7

07/11/2018 at 11:32 PM

avatar Seyfou7

Seyfou7

Last activity on 03/30/2021 at 3:52 PM

Joined in 2018


8 comments posted | 4 in the Living with lung cancer group


Rewards

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. I was in your same position in June 2015 when my mother had a seizure one night and then shocked by her being diagnosed with advance stage lung cancer with brain mets. It was as tho my whole world came crashing down. So I'm terribly sorry.

I'm my mother's care taker and it's not easy most days but atleast I'm getting as much time with her as possible. My advice is to take it day by day, don't think about what is to come in a few months. You will only overwhelm and stress yourself out. Being there for your mother is great but also take some time to yourself so you can deal with the emotions and everything else you will be dealing with. 


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2018-07-11 23:32:04

avatar Lee__R

Lee__R

Community manager
02/07/2019 at 2:04 AM

Good advisor

avatar Lee__R

Lee__R

Community manager

Last activity on 04/03/2020 at 5:04 PM

Joined in 2018


1,336 comments posted | 13 in the Living with lung cancer group

2 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend

  • Top chef


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Hidden username how is your mother doing? Do you have any status updates?


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2019-02-07 02:04:22

avatar Lee__R

Lee__R

Community manager
02/07/2019 at 2:05 AM

Good advisor

avatar Lee__R

Lee__R

Community manager

Last activity on 04/03/2020 at 5:04 PM

Joined in 2018


1,336 comments posted | 13 in the Living with lung cancer group

2 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend

  • Top chef


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Seyfou7 Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis, but glad you have such a positive outlook and that she has such a loving family member to be her caretaker.

You gave some excellent insight and advice to @Hidden username‍ 


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2019-02-07 02:05:34
avatar exit

Unregistered member

03/01/2019 at 12:26 AM

I am sorry about your moms diagnosis..  I was diagnosed 6 months ago with stage iv met to brain.  I know it is overwhelming and I am also struggling to help my family help me as well as take care of myself as best I can.  The anxiety of it all is the worst.  I feel like I talk to myself a lot to keep going.  My thoughts are with you,

Marie


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2019-03-01 00:26:15

avatar Yeyclaipleyng806

Yeyclaipleyng806

04/12/2019 at 3:31 AM

avatar Yeyclaipleyng806

Yeyclaipleyng806

Last activity on 05/29/2020 at 7:34 PM

Joined in 2019


21 comments posted | 13 in the Living with lung cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Hidden username‍ I am sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis. How is she doing since your post?

Cancer in just its name is scary, but to have someone you love diagnosis is much more. Know that the worries you feel are also felt by your mother and that she also is aware of your own conditions that you face as well, such as your bi-polar and anxiety. Your support will mean so much to her, even if it is difficult for you to show because of your own conditions... A mother will always continue to be there for you. Continue to take care of yourself, because taking care of yourself will help you take care of your mother and be there for her.

Keep reaching out and seeking support here if you need.


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2019-04-12 03:31:20

avatar Yeyclaipleyng806

Yeyclaipleyng806

04/12/2019 at 3:32 AM

avatar Yeyclaipleyng806

Yeyclaipleyng806

Last activity on 05/29/2020 at 7:34 PM

Joined in 2019


21 comments posted | 13 in the Living with lung cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Hidden username I hope you are doing ok since your diagnosis and stay strong. Make sure to take care of your mental health also.


I am scared - my mother was just diagnosed with lung cancer https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-lung-cancer/i-am-scared-my-mother-was-just-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer-218 2019-04-12 03:32:38
  • 1
  • 2

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Articles to discover...

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

10/02/2026 | News

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

09/28/2026 | News

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

09/07/2026 | Advice

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.